Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Cloud Computing Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a cloud-computing platform provided by Amazon. AWS was started in 2006 to offer online services for websites and applications to their clients. To reduce their impact of outages, they have placed their central hubs in 16 geographical areas. With availability zones in all these areas, it ensures their system remains robust.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Explore how millions of customers are currently leveraging AWS cloud products and solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability and reliability.
Core of Amazon web services
AWS can be further broke down into some of their many services:
- CloudSearch – This is a cloud-based search service that will be able to grow with its users and is used to enter customised searches into other applications. The user creates and configures a search domain, then uploads data they want to become searchable.
- Elastic Compute Cloud – will allow business subscribers to run application programs. These applications will run in the Amazon.com environment and serve an unlimited set of virtual machines. Once the program is setup, the user can requisition virtual machines on an as-needed basis.
- Cloud Drive – This will allow users to access music, videos, photos and documents from devices connected to the internet. A user can also stream music to their devices. This online storage service works with computers, tablets, and smartphones to download from Amazon MP3 store.
- Elastic ache – This is a fully managed caching service compliant with Memcached. Memcached is an open source, distributed memory object caching system. This service increases the performance of web applications as it allows information to be retrieved quickly from a managed in-memory system, rather than a slower disk-based database.
- Dynamo Database – This is a straightforward and cost-effective way to store and retrieve data in any amount from any level of traffic. The data items are stored on Solid State Drives and replicated across three zones for increased availability and durability.
- Mechanical Turk – The process for this system is when a user makes a request; the application delivers that request to a human who has agreed to work on the per-task basis. The person enters a response and sends it back to the user.
- RedShift – RedShift delivers quick query for almost any size database. It uses columnar storage technology and administers tasks associated with monitoring, backing up, securing and configuring data warehouses.
- Simple Storage Service – This service provides users the same access to systems that Amazon uses to run its websites. It allows for uploading, downloading and storing almost any file or object up to five gigabytes.
Amazon web services is a way for you to keep control of your computing resources. They will provide you with the tools to build flexible applications and protect them from common failures. You will be only charged for the capacity you use.